This fifth edition of the Conclave will be held in New Delhi on the 14th of March 2014, and it has as its theme Innovation in the Public Interest. The Conclave brings together thought leaders from Industry, Government, Media, Academia and the Social Sector to think and talk about how innovation can serve the public interest. It is not about speech-making or playing to the cameras, but rather a real informed, practical and earnest dialogue about how to make things better in our cities, societies and communities.
At this fifth edition of Design Public, we will address two related arcs of innovation, each of which can serve the public interest in a specific way: (i) Social Innovation through Partnership with Private Sector and (ii) The Elements of Governance Innovation. Using examples from Healthcare, Financial Services, Education, and other sectors, we will ask and explore how new partnerships across different sectors of society can make progress together. We will take on challenges of data management, collaborative-competitive partnership and citizen-centric design.
- Uncovering the possibilities of Open Data – A work in progress March 8, 2014 Mohammed Qureshi
- A Big Thank You for that Killer Study Session! March 7, 2014 Aditya Dev Sood
- How ambiguous is the idea of Open Government? March 6, 2014 Samiksha
- Social Innovation Exchange: Opportunities for the Indian Development Sector March 5, 2014 Ruma Dhingra
- How to Run a Lab: Making Better Funding Decisions by Nesta March 5, 2014 Samiksha
- UNDP’s Thought Leadership on Governance Innovation March 4, 2014 Ruma Dhingra
- The Demodeck in Progress March 4, 2014 Aditya Dev Sood